The Costain Sponsored Student Programme starts with an 8-12-week summer work placement. Successful candidates may then be offered sponsorship support throughout their degree which could lead to a Graduate position with Costain.
We offer mentoring and support in every area of work, as well as a structured training programme. Costain offers a range of exciting development opportunities to accelerate your career and enable you to achieve your potential both during and after the Graduate Development Scheme.
About your project
High Speed Two comprises a new high-speed railway line, connecting the cities of London and Birmingham. By helping to bridge the north-south divide, the line will free up capacity on existing rail lines, relieve overcrowding and improve reliability for millions of people using Britain’s railways.
Costain’s involvement includes the design and construction of the railway from London, to the edge of the M25. This also involves preparatory enabling works surrounding Euston Station and Old Oak Common.
- Studying a Bsc in Health & Safety Management Or Health, Safety and Environment Management Or Environment Management Or equivalent
- Under graduate study or equivalent diploma that gains IOSH Technical Safety Practitioner Status or Graduate IEMA
- Experience of delivering presentations, talking in public
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in providing advice on the practical implementation of the company’s policies and processes
- Assist the Environment Manager and Contract Management in understanding of stakeholders (internal and external) aims, priorities and risks with regards to the Environment
- Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, incidents and ill health .
- Provide advice and guidance for obtaining legal consents, licenses and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licenses and waste management licenses as and when required and as directed