Software Engineering Internship
- International, UK
- Job Type:
- 30 / 8 / 2018
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next-generation software innovations including cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces.
About 350 engineers are working at our research and development centre at Lysaker, Norway.
We focus on developing products and solutions for collaboration technologies. Most of our engineers are working with software development (C, C++, Java, Python, Linux and embedded).
During your 7month internship, you will join a real project team and do a challenging and interesting task relevant to your education and creativity.
- You must have a very good academic record (minimum 2:1)
- You must be already skilled in a practical engineering discipline i.e already a good programmer, have hands-on experience in testing, signal processing, network protocols or cloud technology
- 3rd or 4th year students are preferred, but we very much encourage exceptional 1st or 2nd year students to apply as well
- Must have the right to work in Norway
- You must have good English verbal and written skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Enhancing the feedback loop for our cloud deployed products by modifying and changing metrics to monitor usage and adoption
- Prototyping new concepts/features by playing with new frameworks/hardware and technologies
- Improving our echo cancellation algorithm to fit new requirements
- Modifying our automated test systems for prototyping and adding new features
- Testing new concepts/visual designs on our Qt-based graphical user interfaces