As a Software Development graduate the role is intentionally varied and will involve you discussing functionality with consultants, proposing solutions and generating prototypes, understanding and coding algorithms ensuring that time and memory constraints are satisfied, iterating User Interfaces and researching new technologies and tools.
You will be involved in all aspects of professional software development using the latest tools and techniques to deliver complex software of the highest quality.
- 2:1 degree in a Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical or analytic discipline OR
- Similar technical or analytic discipline with a reasonable understanding of Mathematics is required
- We offer graduates the flexibility to study towards a range of qualifications from both technical and business disciplines depending on the needs of the business and individuals
Roles and Responsibilities
- From day one, you will treated as a Software Engineer
- Designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance
- Implementing unit tests, developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt
- Ensuring suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests
- Attending daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- Working with Product Owners to create User Stories and define acceptance criteria
Day in the life
- 10% - Stand-up team meetings
- 50% - Writing code
- 20% - Feature development and discussion
- 15% - Fixing bugs
- 5% - Playing table tennis!
Debut Inside Knowledge
Include tests with your coding test solution and be prepared to discuss your submission and your design decisions. Show us your genuine interest in software and technology and demonstrate problem solving ability with examples of using your initiative. Take the opportunity to learn about us and be prepared to tell us about yourself – it’s a two way street!