Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses.
Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism.
As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals. Our two year Foundational Development Programme is unique in the industry and offered to all graduates. This includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing skills.
Sponsored by the Willis Re leadership team, our programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Willis Re also fully sponsors professional qualifications including the CII and CFA Level 1.
- Minimum 2:1 degree including A-Level Maths/Economics grade A/B or equivalent qualification
- Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships at all levels
- Ability to engage with actuarial and catastrophe management colleagues
- Ability to use data and information to build and support a persuasive argument
- Ability to convey complex information clearly
- Awareness of the sales and negotiation process
- Desire to take on early responsibility Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Fluency in French
- CFA Level 1
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the marketing, negotiation, placing and servicing of client accounts, working with people at all levels within the client’s organisation
- Creating and interpreting numerical analysis Drafting contracts
- Helping to structure, place and service transactions
- Preparing pitch documents and presentation materials
- Supporting internal governance, compliance, risk and operational work
- Project managing internal teams to achieve agreed targets within prescribed time frames
- Background research relating to client projects or internal growth initiatives
- Travel as required