Ignite your career in IT with Capita.
Capita has been working across the public and private sectors for more than 30 years improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Our 70,000 employees combine our talent, creativity, software, technology and innovation to deliver business critical services and solutions across all our markets, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity and enhancing their use of technology and data.
Our Developer Programme
Our IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in development.
Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with 8-16 weeks of exclusive training based in either London or Manchester, focusing on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and working towards certifications from various professional bodies including the BCS, Oracle and Microsoft.
During training, you will receive financial support by way of a training bursary, and upon successful completion of the core modules, you will have the opportunity to be employed on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients.
- A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Previous experience of practical coding skills in at least one of the following programming languages; C#, C++, Python, VB.net, or Java
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- An analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Flexible with work location due to exciting client projects being across the UK
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK, from producing an innovative mobile application and working on business-critical systems to designing and implementing software solutions and developing code