Our industry-leading developing and engineering community are at the top of their game. Responsible for some of the world’s most imaginative websites, applications and technical advancements, they refuse to be constrained by the limits of today’s technology – instead developing for tomorrow’s needs. From the most senior field experts to those just starting out in their careers, this is a team that works together to blow the competition out of the water.
The Focus of Your Role
From your first meeting with a client through to the finished product, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining cutting-edge applications and the environments they will function in. With clients ranging from the Royal Mail to the Home Office, your work will make a massive impact on the British public, and further afield for our international clientele.
- A bachelor’s degree, relevant and practical IT experience, as well as a passion for software. A basic knowledge of the tools and languages used to write code would be beneficial
- Outstanding communication skills – our clients need to feel confident that you understand their requirements
- The ability to convey complex coding concepts in jargon-free language to a non-technical audience
- Note: You will have lived in the UK for the last five years with no more than 6 months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements). You could be required to work away from home during the week
Roles and Responsibilities
- You’ll develop and maintain bespoke solutions for a varied client base, which includes both the public and private sectors – drawing on different languages, methods and approaches
- You’ll support live systems and applications, implementing bug fixes and exploring improvements through code changes
- You’ll take responsibility for components of a much larger system, writing code to complement that which is being developed by colleagues
Day in the life
- 25% - Work closely with our clients
- 25% - Understand their specific technical requirements
- 25% - Design, develop & maintain the application
- 25% - You’ll support live systems and applications
Debut Inside Knowledge
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.