Are you a graduate interested in a career in Software Development Engineering and Testing?
With the growth of smart phones, tablets and new operating systems requiring constant updates daily, testing and Quality Assurance are more critical than ever before.
Cognizant's Quality Engineering & Assurance (QE&A) practice is the largest quality assurance team in the world employing 37,000 professionals, offering a comprehensive suite of assurance services spanning QA consulting, quality engineering, environment management, and digital QA. We are considered the best in class quality assurance team by external analysts such as Gartner, making us an attractive proposition for those starting their career, to learn from the best.
As a Graduate in QEA you are the bridge between Business and IT. You become part of our European QEA team which provides a full range of testing services and quality management solutions to our clients across multiple industry sectors. You will need to be flexible on location as our clients are based all over the UK and our team sit with our clients at their location designing and delivering testing solutions.
Training, Support and Coaching:
Prior to starting your client engagement, you will attend a full Induction and Training Program for graduates where you will learn everything about Software Development and Testing including gaining an industry recognised qualification, understanding the software development lifecycle, the fundamentals of Java, test automation and working in an agile environment.
Throughout your first two years we will monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support by our own Academy to help you achieve your long-term career goals. In addition to your day to day project manager, we'll assign a mentor to ensure all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing.
Very quickly after your training we will assign you to a client engagement in the UK to work with experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions as we would like to ensure that you get practical working experience from the beginning.
We work with the best of the best - a representative client list is available on our website - and offer a highly competitive basic salary + additional benefits.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer or Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business & IT or other related specialisms with some experience of coding
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates must have the ability to work and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction
Roles and Responsibilities
- Executing and performing tests in an agile environment constantly reviewing scenarios and outcomes and advising changes to code as required
- Improving business processes using standardised methods, tools and techniques including automated tools
- Acting as the strategically important link between developers, analysts and the business - applications don’t go live without successful test programmes
- Improving the quality of new products through continuous improvement and learning
- Working closely with colleagues across the world in different cultures and locations