You will be working alongside brokers and client advocates to best serve our clients and deliver catastrophe analytic services as part of the reinsurance renewal process as well as non-renewal projects, spanning from exposure accumulation analysis to regulatory reporting support.
Modelling natural catastrophe exposure is an exciting and expanding area of our business. We are looking for an enthusiastic analyst to become part of the dynamic core team working through a number of rotations within the different Willis Re International Catastrophe Analytics business units.
- Minimum expected 2:1 in a numerate subject such as engineering, applied mathematics, natural sciences (e.g. meteorology, hydrology), geo-sciences or related subjects)
- Authorised to work in the European Economic Area (EEA) on a permanent full-time basis
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with account teams to deliver Catastrophe Analytic services to clients
- Report preparation and presentation
- Data auditing and cleansing
- Operation of catastrophe modelling software
- Operation of financial modelling software
- Interpretation of model outputs
- Use of Catastrophe models; both commercial and in-house software
- Real-time reporting and analysis of natural disasters and supporting clients post-event
Day in the life
- 30% - Data manipulation for insurance portfolios
- 20% - Operation of catastrophe modelling software
- 20% - Analysis of model results & output interpretation
- 10% - Communication of results internally and externally
- 10% - Realtime reporting & analysis of natural disasters
- 10% - On-the-job training
Debut Inside Knowledge
Think about your skills and experience and have an understanding of the role. We are looking for analytical thinkers and problem solvers. Those that operate outside a given script and strive to improve the world they live in by better quantifying risk. The industry we are serving is rapidly changing so keeping up with technological and scientific change is crucial. You must have strong analytical and numerical skills and be able to quickly grasp complex issues but at the same time be able to explain them in a simple way. You may be faced with questions with no readily available answer.