Within the Alumni Software Developer role, you'll be responsible for enhancements, design and development of trading, execution and pricing systems.
Strong interaction skills with other team members are essential along with technical experience in object orientated development.
Successful candidates will work as part of a London based development team where the core function is the development of code, within a department comprising of project managers/business analysts, data specialists and testing.
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Be confident with Java, C# or C++ Development
- Be a good communicator, capable of conveying technical subject material to a business aligned audience
- Be highly motivated/self-starter who can take ownership of problems through to resolution
- Able to perform under pressure in a fast changing environment
- Be genuinely interest in financial markets
- Recently graduated (undergraduate)
- Recently graduated (postgraduate)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be part of a team, working on the analysis, design and implementation of business functionality
- Work directly with different business areas (traders, risk managers, finance managers etc.)
- Collaborate within the team, working in an agile development environment
- Collaborate with peer developers and take part in Pair Programming
- Gain experience with data modelling
- Frequently liaise with other functions as well as with other silos of the business
- Ensure that your focus is on providing business solutions whilst delivering in a high-pressure environment