Retirement consultants calculate the cost of paying people's pensions, communicate these values and discuss and provide advice around the consequences of these values. From day one, you will be involved in all stages of this process.
You will work with different consultants across a range of client teams of varying sizes, meaning you will work with many people on contrasting challenges day-in day-out.
Day to day work will include regular project meetings and you will work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants and on client projects including many household names.
- 2:1 Degree in a numerate discipline OR
- 2:1 Degree in any discipline and Maths A level at grade A or B
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop proficiency in key software and modelling tools to carry out supporting calculations
- Support the Scheme Actuary for ongoing actuarial work
- Deliver annual account information to clients under various accounting standards
- Support high profile de-risking projects and clear strategy paths that meets clients’ objectives and risk tolerances
- Create bespoke models and spreadsheets on a variety of complex problems
- Become an expert in a number of fields such as investment and risk management
- Manage client relationships by ensuring deliverables and advice given are of a high standard
Day in the life
- 10% - Internal catch up meetings
- 30% - Calculations
- 30% - Drafting emails to clients
- 30% - Training
Debut Inside Knowledge
Think about your skills and experience. We are interested in times where you have shown your initiative or have been involved in a difficult situation. We are looking for problem solvers. You may be faced with questions with no readily available answer. We are interested in how you approach these questions, not necessarily your final answer. Make sure you talk us through your logic and show us you are keen to learn and develop. Be interested! Commercial awareness is critical to learning and solving our clients’ needs problems. Also consider how Willis Towers Watson might be reacting to them. Be yourself!