When you walk into a department store and are greeted by a display of gleaming products, you’re seeing the work of Visual Merchandising.
The L'Oréal intern in this department has a ‘roll up your selves’ attitude and is ready to get stuck in!
When a new product is launched, it’ll be your job to think of unique ways in which we can present this to our customers nationwide.
We want you to assess our competitors and up the game.
It’s a busy and fast-paced role, but seeing your ideas come to life is super rewarding.
- You must be an undergraduate in your 2nd year of study. If you will be graduated either before this Industrial Placement starts (July 2019) or graduate during your time on the placement then, unfortunately, you are not eligible
- An eye for detail and awareness of current trends
- Able to work autonomously with great organisational and time-management skills
- Some experience in Photoshop, PowerPoint, 3D rendering or InDesign
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing and planning for new launches and promotions
- Partnering with relevant retailers to ensure visual merchandising is correct
- Working with Marketing to design and develop Point of Sales and launch guidelines whilst coordinating printing and distribution
- Developing and designing planograms
- In-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers to create a monthly report
- Attending trade shows and supplier fairs
- Liaising with marketing and sales in order to confirm direction and stock levels
Day in the life
- 17% - Store Visits and Installs
- 6% - Updating Maintenance Trackers for stores
- 4% - Weekly Visual Merchandising team meetings
- 15% - Mood boards for new designs
- 9% - Visual and Transparency requests
- 20% - Updating guidelines for new launches
- 6% - Weekly Visual Merchandising Newsletter
- 12% - Mock ups and designs for launch areas
- 7% - Allocations for brand visual elements
- 4% - Catch ups with marketing for new launches
Debut Inside Knowledge
L'Oréal looks for candidates that enjoy getting involved in both academic and extra-curricular activities. Students need to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, problem-solving skills and an ability to motivate peers. Business acumen is essential for L'Oréal; candidates must be able to demonstrate a fast and efficient understanding in dealing with a business situation that led to a positive result. Candidates must believe “Nothing is Impossible”.