Ignite your career in IT with Capita:
Capita has been working across the public and private sectors for more than 30 years improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Our 70,000 employees combine our talent, creativity, software, technology and innovation to deliver business critical services and solutions across all our markets, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity and enhancing their use of technology and data.
What our Software Testing programme provides you with:
Our IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in software testing.
Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with 8-16 weeks of exclusive training based in London, focusing on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and working towards certifications from various professional bodies including the BCS and ISTQB.
During training, you will receive financial support by way of a training bursary, and upon successful completion of the core modules, you will have the opportunity to be employedon a two-year contract, working around the UK on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients.
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation.
We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
What you’ll receive
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during the programme you will have the opportunity to further your career on completion.
Alongside these career enhancing benefits, you’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary on commencement of first assignment
- Bi-annual bonuses based on performance reviews
- Continued salary payment whilst in between project start and end-dates
- Financial reward on completion of the two-year programme
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers
- A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree
- Basic understanding of software test
- Analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- A passion for technology and problem solving
- Able to relocate for extensive periods around the UK to support client projects
- BCS Agile Foundation
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- BCS Software Testing Intermediate
Roles and Responsibilities
- Once you start your assignments you will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK
- You could be developing SQL scripts to resolve bugs, or managing defect lifecycles, creating test scripts and test cases
- Each assignment is different and your day to day responsibilities will depend upon the project you are working on at that time