Capita has been working across the public and private sectors for more than 30 years improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Our 70,000 employees combine our talent, creativity, software, technology and innovation to deliver business critical services and solutions across all our markets, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity and enhancing their use of technology and data.
Our Developer Programme
Our IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in development.
Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with 8-16 weeks of exclusive training based in either London or Manchester, focusing on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and working towards certifications from various professional bodies including the BCS, Oracle and Microsoft.
During training, you will receive financial support by way of a training bursary, and upon successful completion of the core modules, you will have the opportunity to be employed on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients.
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation.
We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
What you’ll receive
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during the programme you will have the opportunity to further your career on completion.
Alongside these career enhancing benefits, you’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary on commencement of first assignment
- Bi-annual bonuses based on performance reviews
- Continued salary payment whilst in between project start and end-dates
- Financial reward on completion of the two-year programme
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers
- A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Previous experience of practical coding skills in at least one of the following programming languages; C#, C++, Python, VB.net, or Java
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- An analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Flexible with work location due to exciting client projects being across the UK
- BCS Agile
- MTA 70-483 Programming in C#
- Oracle OCA Java SE Programmer
- AWS Foundation
Roles and Responsibilities
- Once you start your assignments you will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK
- You could be producing an innovative mobile application and working on business-critical systems or designing and implementing software solutions and developing code
- Each assignment is different and your day to day responsibilities will depend upon the project you are working on at that time