BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses.
We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change.
If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
About Global Markets
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses five global business lines;
· G10 Rates,
· Equity Derivatives (“EQD”)
· FXLM & Commodity Derivatives
· Prime Solutions & Financing, and
· Primary & Credit Markets
helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
As part of the EQD Strategic Equity business unit, the structuring team works closely with the sales and trading team to execute transactions and offer new solutions to our corporate and institutional clients.
- Excellent academic record from top university or equivalent with a strong preference for a degree in a quantitative subject
- Strong interest in and good understanding of the financial markets
- Fluent in English
- Good communicator
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Previous experience in Equity Derivatives is a plus but not necessary
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the structuring team in their day-to-day work (pricing of equity derivative transactions; execution of simple / flow equity transactions, such as repos, swaps etc; working with a senior structurer on the execution of the most complex transactions; preparation of internal approval memos to outline the transaction, its risks and rewards
- Interact closely with Sales on preparing pitching materials for client meetings
- Monitor competition and gather relevant information affecting the Strategic Equity market