The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses.
BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
BNP Paribas’ FXLM business offers a complete suite of products and services to address clients investing and hedging needs.
Operating from our three global hubs we offer Sales, Trading, Research and Strategy, FX Prime Brokerage, Local Markets coverage and Electronic Trading capabilities.
You will be hired into CD Index Structuring in London as a Commodity Index Structuring Assistant.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrable interest in the financial markets or economic affairs
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline or finance; ideally someone at Master 1 level/gap year within curriculum who would like to spend 11 months at BNP paribas before his/her Master 2
- Strong academic record
- Strong programming skills (especially Python and Java) Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/VBA)
- Interest in the financial industry and familiarity with financial products
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Market research on Commodities Factor Investing
- Application of statistical techniques to analyse market data
- Idea generation and development of rule-based indices/strategies
- Programming work to improve the current testing platform / implementing new indices in the current platforms
- Discussion with key stakeholders and documentation of results
- Support the marketing effort by preparing client reporting and analysis