As a billion pound company success often stems from managing the P&L effectively.
At L’Oréal finance is not just sitting on excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates.
You will be placed in one of our 34 brands and become an integral part of the team using all major financial software programmes i.e. Salesforce, SAP and Magnitude.
The role will test and develop your financial awareness, business acumen and interpersonal skills.
You will undertake projects (e.g. cost-cutting project) alongside your day to day duties and ad hoc report requests.
- You must be an undergraduate in your 2nd year of study. If you will be graduated either before this Industrial Placement starts (July 2019) or graduate during your time on the placement then, unfortunately, you are not eligible
- Confident with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to create solutions to business problems, using financial skills for an objective approach
- Enjoy working across a multi-functional environment
- Confident with stakeholders outside the Finance function
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- An ability to analyse and draw conclusions from complex data and manage time efficiently
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analysing, reporting and ensuring procedures are enforced
- Provide key corporate stakeholders with timely and accurate information
- Manage growth and contribution from product launches to pricing strategies
- Full ownership of month end media reconciliation
- Assist in the smooth closure of the month end process
- Communication of weekly statistics to the marketing teams
- Calculation of month end commission on media and billing to the advertising agency
- Optimising the Group’s financial results by controlling/ensuring financial discipline
- Financial assistance to Marketing Controller and marketing teams
Day in the life
- 47% - Creating reports and scorecards using software
- 10% - Attending meetings and liaising with colleagues
- 6% - Administrative duties
- 37% - Formatting, processing and analysing data
Debut Inside Knowledge
L'Oréal looks for candidates that enjoy getting involved in both academic and extra-curricular activities. Students need to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, problem-solving skills and an ability to motivate peers. Business acumen is essential for L'Oréal; candidates must be able to demonstrate a fast and efficient understanding in dealing with a business situation that led to a positive result. Candidates must believe “Nothing is Impossible”.