If you’re a results-driven worker with a strong eye for business, then there’s no better experience than an industrial placement with our Commercial team.
We give you the responsibility you need to thrive and make a real difference during your time here.
Working in one of our National Accounts Teams, you’ll be given the responsibility to liaise with major clients such as Boots or John Lewis, and help strike successful business deals.
You’ll be communicating with external companies and making smart business decisions, while using your analytical skills to make perceptive judgements.
As the face of L’Oréal to our retailers good communication is key! The role involves working closely with numerous teams within your allocated brand, including Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance. You will also liaise closely with large clients such as Tesco, Boots or Selfridges.
- Must be in your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year. If you will be graduated either before this Industrial Placement starts or graduate during your time on the placement then unfortunately you are not eligible
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A strong analytic background and the ability to study and interpret complex information
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation and organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Actively seek innovative business solutions
- Eligible to work in the UK
Roles and Responsibilities
- Tracking and analysing sales figures, promotions and new product launches
- Supporting your team with new launches and maximising their success
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Accurately forecasting promotions and launch quantities
- Taking on and managing your own projects, long and short term with the potential to present your findings
- Regular in-store visits to track your brands, competitor activity and launches across all retailers
- Working with retailers on collaborative ideas to support growth in the account/brand
Day in the life
- 30% - Creating reports and scorecards
- 30% - Attending meetings and liaising with colleagues
- 10% - Administrative duties
- 30% - Formatting, processing and analysing data
Debut Inside Knowledge
L'Oréal looks for candidates that enjoy getting involved in both academic and extra-curricular activities. Students need to demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit, problem solving skills and an ability to motivate peers. Business acumen is essential for L'Oréal; candidates must be able to demonstrate a fast and efficient understanding in dealing with a business situation that led to a positive result. Candidates must believe “Nothing is Impossible”.