We are looking for the decision makers of tomorrow, talented interns ready to help Siemens shape entire industries, cities and even countries in our rail systems department, a part of our ‘Mobility Division’.
With unprecedented level of investment, there has never been a better time to gain experience in the rail industry.
As a Business & Systems intern, you will be involved with Business Systems topics and management systems on a one-year programme, covering the following key areas:
- Support in the definition and creation of key performance indicators and dashboards in the materials area
- Coordination and participation in functional / user acceptance testing
- Data entry and cleansing in ERP system
- Support in creation of audits
- Creation of user surveys
- Making sure regular project updates are communicated
- Additional project duties as required
- Development and monitoring of objectives and targets
- Culture & Behavioural Awareness
You will support the existing team in a fully operational role and you will be involved in both project-based assignments and cross-functional working. During this time, you will build a compliment of skills.
Siemens is committed to investing in its entry level talent, and - in conjunction with National Skills Academy for Rail (NSAR) - has opened the National Training Academy for Rail (NTAR) in Northampton.
NTAR represents an excellent opportunity for all new apprentices, interns, and graduates joining the business to receive best-in-class industry learning and to become part of a community of developing future engineers and rail professionals.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
- You must be completing, or have graduated with a 2:2 or higher degree in a IT, business studies, supply chain management or related discipline
- Confident with the ability and self-determination to drive your own development through the scheme
- Ability to adapt quickly when faced with new situations and new people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse/ virtual team environment
- This role will require travel to other sites within the UK so you will need to be flexible in regards to travel
Roles and Responsibilities
- Fully participating and engaging with the business internship scheme and completing all components of the structured development plan including the Siemens Internship Development Programme (IDP), and local work-based skill courses
- Reporting to your Line Manager and taking ownership for the completion of all allocated tasks to the best of your ability
- Gaining an understanding of the business unit, including its goals, vision, services, departments, customers, and supply chain
- Engaging with the business’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) requirements