Account Summer Analyst (Account Management and Global Wealth Management) – Positions are located in London and Munich.
Account Summer Analysts serve in a dynamic role based on the core responsibility of supporting the servicing of PIMCO’s Institutional and Global Wealth Management clients.
The Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. Interns gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training in our London office. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed as you start the program.
Formal and informal training will continue throughout your time in the program, creating a rigorous learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
The internship provides an excellent opportunity to develop meaningful partnerships through cross-department training and a collaborative team project.
Throughout the course of the summer, the analyst will be expected to showcase an understanding of advanced fixed income concepts and general portfolio management concepts, while operating in a high performance environment.
In advance of the internship, analysts will receive preparation materials intended to supplement PIMCO Fundamentals training and related product knowledge.
- Penultimate year of study with an anticipated graduation date December 2019 – June 2020
- Expected minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) at an accredited college or university
- Fluent in English and German, other European languages may be considered
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Ethical, collaborative, organised, self-starter, adaptable
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients
- You will gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients